Grade 4 Teaching Assistants – 33 hours per week, term time only
Actual commencing salary £13,668 rising through annual increments up to £15,232
Current vacancies are within Key Stage 4 in the Alternative Academy however colleagues may be deployed throughout the Learning Community, working with KS1 – KS4 as necessary
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want a career where every day you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
Exciting opportunities are available for people looking for a career in education or in a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment at Springwell Learning Community, where we provide children and young people with ‘second chance’ learning. Springwell has a national reputation for excellence in working with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and it is a lead school in Barnsley Teaching School Alliance.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Working with the classroom teacher closely to ensure outstanding progress in learning
• Support and leading nurture, interventions and some group learning in maths, English, P.S.H.E.E and other subjects
• Overseeing practical, kinaesthetic, sport, physical/outdoor activities where required
• Supporting the development of resilience, self-esteem, social skills and strategies for regulation
• At least level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
• Experience of working in an educational setting
• The ability to build positive relationships and have unconditional positive regard for children and young people
• Understanding and experience of strategies to support children and young people with SEMH and SEND desirable
• Ability to personalise learning
• Driving licence desirable
Please refer to job description and employee specification for further details of the above posts
Deadline for applications: Thursday 8th March 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews to be held on Thursday 15th March 2018
Applications are invited through our recruitment partner, please contact Jessica Galvin at Hays Education on 0114 2171556 for further information. Visits to the academy are actively encouraged.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A disclosure and barring services check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
|Office||Ruskin Buildings, Tudor Square, Sheffield,S1 2LA|
|Phone||0114 217 1556|
|Applications||Apply via Hays Recruiting|